- 1 (12-14 lb) Cleaver's fresh turkey
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 apples, cored and halved
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 bottle (750 ml) Sauvignon Blanc
- Preheat oven to 350. Rinse turkey and pat dry.
- Gently loosen skin over breast and insert pieces of butter between skin and breast.
- Place apples inside the cavity. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place turkey in a roasting bag and pour wine over the inside and outside of the bird. Close bag and place turkey in roasting pan.
- Bake until the internal temperature is 165 to 180 degrees.
- Remove turkey from bag and let stand 20 minutes before carving. Use juices from bag for gravy if desired.