Best Yankee Pot Roast Ever
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 lb carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 4 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 T cracked black pepper
- 2 c coarsely chopped onion
- 2 c beef base/water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and add to pan, browning on all sides (about 8 minutes). Remove from pan.
- Sauté onion 8 minutes or until browned. Return roast to pan.
- Combine broth, ketchup, and Worcestershire; pour over roast.
- Add tomato; bring to a simmer.
- Cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in lemon juice. Garnish with parsley, if desired.